The International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) is an international NGO working to promote human rights and democratic freedoms for the people of Tibet. Founded in 1988, ICT maintains offices in Washington D.C, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Brussels. Our research and reports focus on developments in Tibet. We lobby governments, the EU and UN institutions and provide information to the media and organise campaigns in support for Tibet.
For our office in Amsterdam, we are looking for a
Campaign & Communication Manager
(32-40 hours per week)
What will you be doing?
- You design, manage and execute political communication and campaigning projects
- Develop and implement communication strategies together with a team of 2-3 colleagues and freelancers;
- You organize integrated campaigns (advocacy and fundraising) in collaboration with the respective teams;
- You will be responsible for ICT Europe’s website and its social media channels;
- You enjoy to reach out to journalists and provide them with factual information.
What do you bring?
- You are analytically strong and have experience with the deployment of online communication to achieve political goals;
- You, however, also appreciate working independently and do not give up until the job is done;
- You are a curious user of applications such as Mailchimp, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc. and are not afraid to acquire some new technical skills
- You have already gained some experience working for local or international advocacy and human rights groups;
- You are not shy to appear yourself in the public domain;
- You have an excellent command of both written and spoken English and Dutch. Knowledge of additional European languages is an asset;
- Ideally, you already have some knowledge of the Tibetan issue;
- You won’t be overwhelmed when tasked with setting up a livestream and edit simple videos for YouTube.
What does International Campaign for Tibet offer?
- An independent and challenging function in an international environment;
- A opportunity to work at both strategic and operational, levels;
- A job with space for your own ideas and responsibilities;
- An environment in which you work together with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- A gross monthly salary between € 3,000 and € 4,200 depending on knowledge and experience on the basis of a 40-hour contract;
- Good employee benefits, including a pension plan, 8.5% vacation pay;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home;
- Opportunities to attend work related training and courses.
Please send your resume and application letter by July 3, 2022 to Wangpo Tethong, Executive Director, [email protected].
If you wish additional information or have any questions about the position or organization, please contact us at: 0031 (0) 20-3308265 (Tuesday & Thursday) or [email protected].